We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our first every twitter party tomorrow, Tuesday, July 17 from 7-8 pm central time.
What is a twitter party?
A twitter party is a fast and fun virtual party, using the twitter platform. Usually held in the evening, twitter parties typically last 1 hour and are a wonderful way for people to connect and discuss a topic of choice. Most twitter parties have an expert panelist and party host to keep the party on topic. Bloggers for Hope's hosts are Courtney and Suzy.So why should you join us?
How does a twitter party work?
Twitter users tweet with a specified Hashtag (we will use #B4HChat) for the party. The party host (@chancetohope) will announce the hashtag prior to the event. Tweetdeck or tweetchat to make following the conversation easier. (from twitter party guide)
1) It will be fun to talk with others and hear their stories and share your own infertility story
2) You will make a lot of new friends who really get what you're going through
3) There just might be something new to learn
4) You can have direct input on the resources that Bloggers for Hope and Chance to Hope share in the future
We promise that the chat will only last an hour, unless you are having so much fun that you keep on tweeting on your own!
Who should you follow to participate in the chat?
- @Chance to Hope, the organization that Bloggers for Hope is a ministry of
- @B4HSuzy and @B4HCourtney as we are hosting the chat from our public twitter accounts
- #B4HChat since this hash tag will be added to all of our tweets
Be sure that if you are private on twitter you change that if you want your tweets to be seen by everyone. If not, only your friends that currently follow you will see your tweets, which is still a great way to offer support.
We are excited about our first twitter party. Our hope is to encourage each other and offer support on another level!
See you tomorrow night!
PS: Leave us a comment with your twitter name so we can be sure we're following you!