Well, have we got a fun thing for you! Chance to Hope will be hosting the second Bloggers for Hope twitter chat party on Tuesday, August 14th at 7p.m CST.
For those who need a reminder, or are not familiar with how this works, we have some helpful information below:
What is a twitter party?
A twitter party is a fast and fun virtual party, using the twitter platform. Usually held in the evening, twitter parties typically last 1 hour and are a wonderful way for people to connect and discuss a topic of choice. Most twitter parties have an expert panelist and party host to keep the party on topic. Bloggers for Hope's hosts are Courtney and Suzy.So why should you join us?
How does a twitter party work?
Twitter users tweet with a specified Hashtag (we will use #B4HChat) for the party. The party host (@chancetohope) will announce the hashtag prior to the event. Tweetdeck or tweetchat to make following the conversation easier. (from twitter party guide)
1) It will be fun to talk with others and hear their stories and share your own infertility story
2) You will make a lot of new friends who really get what you're going through
3) There just might be something new to learn
4) You can have direct input on the resources that Bloggers for Hope and Chance to Hope share in the future
We promise that the chat will only last an hour, unless you are having so much fun that you keep on tweeting on your own!
Who should you follow to participate in the chat?
- @ChancetoHope, the organization that Bloggers for Hope is a ministry of (& where the questions will be posted from)
- @B4HSuzy, @B4HCourtney, @B4HAudrey, @FuzzyNoodle, @HokieIke as we (your bloggers at B4H) will be participating from our public accounts (Ike is private at this time, but request to follow!)
- #B4HChat since this hash tag will be added to all of our tweets
Other helpful information...
**Be sure that if you are private on twitter you change that if you want your tweets to be seen by everyone. If not, only your friends that currently follow you will see your tweets, which is still a great way to offer support.
**You can go to tweetchat.com, sign in with your twitter account, search for the #B4HChat hashtag and it will automatically put you into our chat party and you will be able to participate from there as well as see everyone else participating. It will also automatically place the #B4HChat hashtag at the end of your tweets so that you don't have to worry about adding it.
**How it works: @Chancetohope will post questions (i.e. Q1: What is...). There will be a time for everyone participating to answer (i.e. A1: ) with the #B4HChat hashtag at the end of both Q and A. You can also reply or retweet to others (using the hashtag as well so others can see) if you find something similar to your own circumstances or a something helpful.
We are excited for our next twitter party. Our hope is to encourage each other and offer support on another level!
See you soon!
PS: Leave us a comment with your twitter name so we can be sure we're following you!