Hiring a window cleaner is not exactly hard; there are quite a few agencies that specialize in window cleaning and list out their services in various local directories. You can always search these directories to locate the various firms who can provide you with quality window cleaning services but the catch is in making sure that you select the right firm to do business with. Even a cursory search online should list out several hundred companies that specialize in the same and choosing just one from the many may seem like a tall order. But what you can do is to review some of the tips posted below and you should be able to choose the right firm, to help keep your windows clean.
- First Impressions: Granted that it is never a good idea to judge by the cover but this happens to be a business, and if they cannot spend more than a few dollars on running a quality ad in a business directory, then the company may not all that they claim to be. In business, first impressions matter which is why you may want to pass over a company if they just out the bare essential details. A good professional firm would list out their website link in the ad itself, which you can then use to check out their website, review their online brochure and contact them, as and when needed. For example, if you search online for window cleaning supplies, you should be able to check out the hundreds of companies that provide window cleaning services in and around your current location.
- Communication: Once you have shortlisted the firm, you can contact them individually. Their ad should have listed out the business timings, so make sure that you time the call accordingly. Just call them and see if you are able to talk to a representative in the company. It is important that you connect with someone in charge during business hours, and if no one picks up the phone, then that means that either the firm is understaffed or that they are still closed, during opening hours.
- Reputation: You may want to find out if the firm in question has both the experience and expertise; you may want to find out how long the firm has been in window cleaning business which should make it clear if they are experienced enough or not. Additionally, you may also want to check their online reviews; most of these reviews have been posed by actual, paying customers and they should help clue you in as to whether the firm is any good or not.
- Supplies: You may also want to find out if the firm brings its own supplies along, for cleaning your windows. For example, a simple search online for window squeegee should help list all the supplies that a window cleaner often requires to clean the windows. And while most firms bring in their own supplies, there are a select few that expect you to provide them with essential supplies as well, for cleaning the windows.
- Cost: The overall cost varies from one firm to the other; whether you require the services for just a day or on a regular basis, you need to shop around and check out the various prices listed for window cleaning. Just remember that cheap does not always translate to quality, but that being said, you may want to weigh in the price tag along with the firm’s experience in window cleaning. This should help you settle for an experience firm that charges affordable rates for window cleaning.
These tips should enable you to locate the right window cleaner for your office. If the window cleaning is a onetime event, or a regular one – you still need to go all out to ensure that you chose the right firms to help clean all your windows.