Hearing loss is critical and a very unfortunate experience for anyone! And if you think you may suddenly get up one fine day and find out that you couldn’t hear anymore, then it’s entirely a misconception! Hearing loss happens gradually — starting by just a mere annoyance followed by temporary headache with or without the experience of finding weird tuning noise in the ears, and finally a permanent hearing loss. And believe us, any of the mentioned situations is more than serious — whether faced by any adult or child!
These problems do occur when you are exposed to loud or high-pitched noise for long. The effect of noise on your health depends on the intensity of the sound and the level of exposure to it. Now, the question that arises here is, how do you know if a certain level of noise (volume) is harmful to you? So, the easiest way to find that out is, when you have to shout loudly in order to get heard amidst a loud noise, that level harms you. Other than that, if you feel a slight headache because of the sound, or irritation because of it, then the situation is uncalled for. Or else, you can simply keep a sound level meter in Australia from Belcur monitoring solutions. With the help of this device, you can get an accurate result about the intensity of sound that you are facing, and thus you can take measures to be safe from its harmful effects.
How to Prevent Hearing Loss
Once you know the ill effects of loud noise on your health and its dangerous consequences, it’s but natural that you’ll want to stay away from trouble as much as you can! But sometimes, due to work or other forceful situations, you have to bear the loud noise even though the effects of the same on you can be devastating. Read below some ways through which you can prevent hearing loss due to loud noise:
- Turn down the volume — When the situation is in your hands, reduce the volume of noise – if things are under your control, you shouldn’t hesitate to do so! Always reduce the volume to minimum or at least some points down when you face severe irritation because of the noise or a sharp pain in your head. This is the beginning of something big and needs to be nipped at the bud.
- Use noise measuring device — Thankfully, there are some wise inventions made to help us understand the limit of exposure to sound and even prevention of the same. With sound measuring device, you can easily study the over-limit exposure to sound in a certain area, and take preventive actions to reduce them.
- Avoid noise — Something which you again shouldn’t miss doing when you can! Avoiding the noise is better than hearing it to the level of inconvenience. If you can’t avoid it completely, at least you can move away from it and protect yourself from major damage.
- Block the noise — One more wise step that just needs a little presence of mind and a few accessories! If you don’t have a choice but to stay or bear the loud volume of noise, then you should try blocking it. You can carry your ear plugs or cotton balls to save yourself from direct loud sound. Or if these things aren’t handy, cover your ears with your hands and stay safe.
- Mandatory precautions to take — Some precautions are subjective to you, and only you can save yourself from the harsh effects of loud noise. Like, if you have the habit of listening to music on a high volume, you’ll have to opt out of it after reading its ill effects and develop a habit of reducing the volume always! Also, limit your usage of earbuds and earphones or headphones. Or even if you use them, ensure to keep the volume low.
- Take breaks from constant loud noise — Sometimes, even breaking the constant exposure to loud noise helps a lot. If you can’t entirely quit the place with heavy noise, you can simply take a break to relieve your senses for some time. This would at least limit the exposure, and the danger hence wouldn’t be too severe.
By following these steps, you can easily prevent the harsh hazards that happen due to constant loud noise. But still, if you face any kind of pain or hearing issues, better consult your doctor immediately and avoid the loud noisy area for some days!