uPVC windows are best known for their energy-saving and soundproofing capabilities. The lesser-known fact is that they demand low maintenance, apart from being less expensive than conventional windows. Additionally, the uPVC windows are durable, and they never rot or rust like wood or iron. Despite all these features, just like any window, they can be subjected to dust and dirt accumulation in due time if they are not cleaned properly.
In this article, we have listed few things that you need to keep in mind before you invest yourself in uPVC cleaning:
uPVC window hinges
The hinges of uPVC windows can be the trickiest part to clean because of their complex construction. But listed below are the easy ways to clean them:
- It would be best if you opened the windows fully without causing damages to the hinges. Make sure that you are not applying too much pressure on the surface of the windowpane, as they might bend the uPVC window surface.
- Now that you have successfully opened the window, remove the dust and debris accumulated on the hinges by using the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner. Try using a softer nozzle to avoid scratching the surrounding areas.
- If you feel that your window has become a little stiff to open, try considering a lubricant to smoothen the movement of the window hinges.
uPVC Window Panes
For cleaning uPVC window panes, try considering doing it on a bright sunny day, as it will help you dry your window surface quickly. Listed below are the best ways to get your windows to sparkle in no time:
- First, you need to get rid of any dust and cobwebs from the uPVC window panes. That can be easily achieved by cleaning the surface using a dry brush or a soft cloth.
- After dusting the surface, you need a sponge and a bucket to start the cleaning process. First, fill the bucket with warm soapy water. Now., use the sponge for dipping into the soapy water and gently wiping the window surface. Repeat this process two or three times till you have no dust or stain on the surface. Always remember that using scouring pads instead of sponges can scratch the uPVC window surface.
Bonus: How to Make Your uPVC Frames shine?
Despite being weather resistant, uPVC window frames can still lose their luster if not cared for and cleaned correctly. Follow the method listed below to bring back its luster in no time.
First, use a soft cloth or a dry brush to remove any dust from the uPVC window frames. You may use a vacuum to clean the corners that are hard to reach with a meeting. Now, use a window cleaning agent to create a solution by mixing it with warm water. Use a sponge for dipping it into the solution and gently wipe off the layers of stains and grime from the surface.