A leaking shower is one of the most common plumbing problems that people encounter in their homes. Yet, a lot of people experience it without even knowing it. This is due to a clear lack of knowledge regarding the signs of a leaking shower. Did this ever happen to you? If yes, you would have known by now, how big of a loss it is to ignore a leaking shower and leaving it unattended. If no, well you are in luck, as we are here, ready to tell you about the worst times that lie ahead waiting for you, if you deliberately or un-deliberately end up ignoring your shower leakage. So, shall we get started?
Shower leaks can really ruin the rest of your bathroom as it’s perfectly capable of damaging your bathroom wall and floor tiling. The pressure of the leaking water is so high that it’s strong enough to make the tiles lose their adhesiveness. So, if you are experiencing a leaking shower, chances are that some of your bathroom tiles are already out of place. So, whether it’s a leaking shower repair or leaking toilet repair , A. Able Plumbing, Gas & Hot Water are the ones who could help you. They are the best plumbing services in town and provide high quality services at bare minimum fees.
Reasons why you should never let your shower leak continue
A leaking shower may not seem to be a major problem to you because the water is easily contained within the shower. Still ignoring a leaking shower and not going for shower repairs in Perth could cause serious problems for you down the road. They could be compared to a simple toothache which turns into the need for a root canal if not attended in time. So, let’s see the real reasons why you should never ignore a leaking shower:
- Environmental impact: An average leaky shower drips about 10 times every minute. This adds up to a huge amount of wasted water over time. Imagine the amount of water lost by you over a year, let alone the entire population. This poses a great threat to the environment and the society, especially during periods of drought.
- Higher costs: Whenever you are wasting more, due to a leaking shower or anyway else, you are ending up paying more for your water bills. With all that wasted water you could have run your dishwasher at least 50 times. The wasted water which you have to pay for is literally going down the drain.
- Annoyance: If your bathroom is inside your bedroom or even just beside it, well may God be with you. A leaking shower could take away your nights sleeps. Also, it’s super annoying, whenever you are brushing your teeth, or applying makeup or even when you are just using the toilet.
- Unsafe: Accidents caused by slippage are the most common and dangerous kinds of accidents that could take place at homes, especially for kids and the elders. A leaking shower left unattended shall create a slippery surface which will cause such accidents.
- Mould growth: Bathrooms are the perfect place for moulds to grow in, which loves the setting of humidity caused by showers and bathtubs. A leaking shower keeps on adding moisture to the bathroom that leads to growth of mould. Some of these moulds are too toxic and could make your family members sick.
- Structural issues: Continued dampness could lead to various problems in the bathroom. If the bathroom walls are continuously wet, it could make the drywall rot and infested with termites. Drips also take a toll on the aesthetics of your bathroom like discolorations of the painted surfaces.
So, what’s the moral of the story? Shower and bathroom damage generally (read always) get worse with time, and there’s a high level of risk of structural damage to your home. So, if you have a leaking shower at home, don’t wait until it’s too late to repair and get it fixed ASAP.