If you own a property or if you are looking forward to getting a new property, it would be ideal to get a property inspection to make sure that the property is safe and you do not have to spend any money on repairs for a certain amount of time. There are a fair number of positives and negatives in conducting an inspection of your property. The main reasons for conducting a property inspection are because you can avail many benefits from it.
- You can make sure that the property is flawless.
- The inspector who comes to perform the inspection can increase the value of the house if your maintenance is decent enough. The inspector compares your house with the other houses in your vicinity and he will fix a price which can actually be more than your expected price. You can now put up your building for sale in any of the building consultancy in Sydney and wait for the buyer to contact you.
However, there are a few downsides of conducting a property inspection which is mentioned below:
- The biggest fear one might face with during a property inspection is that major issues can be pointed out. This may result in spending a huge amount of money to remove that off the list.
- The inspector can be really strict when it comes to inspection and can end up giving you a list of repairs in your house. It can be easy to get them repaired but the problems can also weigh down the price of your property.
The home inspectors look for anything which can have defects or problems. Even if you are moving into a new building, you can search for pre-purchase building inspection in Sydney to get the list of all the agencies which provide the inspection services near you. If they spot any defect which they are unaware of, they can even refer you to a specialist to investigate the defect. They can help you solve the issues in the house so that you can have a greater deal while selling it.
The different types of property inspection are:
- Electrical: This is one of the primary inspections for a property. The inspector will look for any kind of unsafe wiring procedures in the house or for any circuits which are not grounded. The inspector can get a list of all the things which are to be done and you can proceed further.
- Chimney and rooftop: Some of the chimneys might face a problem with the brickworks or any other leakages. The rooftops will also have a problem with the dust and the other particles which might settle making the roof look bad. The chimneys can become weak after a certain period of time. Just make sure that there are no leaks on the chimney before the inspector arrives and you are good to go.
- Septic System: Most of the old buildings do not have a proper septic system which can make them more prone to leakages and foul smell in the surroundings. The sewer system has to be examined correctly in order to make sure that the inspector will be completely satisfied with the working of it.
- Water systems: The inspector can suggest you replace the plumbing system if the taps are galvanized. The pipes when galvanized will not allow water to run through them. This will make the flow turbulent and disturbing. If the property has a well, the inspector will have to find out the depth and test the water sanitation of the well.
- Other document inspections: Not everything in the inspection is physical. The documents can give useful information about the property as well. The common things like the square footage of the house, boundaries, and permits have to be revised before the inspections. By making sure of all this information, you can relax at the time of inspection.